Monday, May 12, 2014

Catching Up ..... Bacharach

We spent Friday learning about Bacharach (am Rhein) from a history, tourism and wine industry perspective.  It was perhaps the perfect embodiment of the German Business & Culture approach.  Bacharach is an old, and one time very important city on the Rhein which has been the center of commerce for a very long time.  Currently Bacharach's primary commerce is tourism and wine (and the combo of both).  We got a walking tour of town and discussed how the city functioned in its different eras.  Then we got a glimpse into how Bacharach markets itself via a presentation by the Tourism Office director.  Lastly we took a gorgeous walk through the vineyards and met Cecelia Yost in her family's vineyards and learned about wine from a production and a marketing perspective.  Her passion for her family's business was contagious and inspiring.  They are considered a young wine maker as they have only been in business since 1831. 

Special Thanks to Dirk Scherschlicht (and his wife Ellen) from the Bacharacher Hof Hotel in Bacharach who organized one of the absolute highlight days of the trip!  Visit them at http://www.bacharacher-hof.de/index.html

 a few photos....





Here is the link to Toni Jost: http://www.tonijost.de/

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Mr. Fred Collins loans Service Lender, we are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution? Fred Collins loans Service is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 2% interest rate. If interested, contact us immediately via email,(fredcollinsloanoffer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everybody, i am Malissa Lucas from Connecticut, USA; God has bless me with two kids and a lovely husband, I promise to share this because of God favor in my life, 2 months ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 2,000USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to Carlos Loan Company, she said she was given 52,000.00USD by Mr. Carlos Stev, so I decided to contact them using the below email: { carlos_stev@yahoo.co.uk } ... And to my greatest surprise i got my loan of 96,000.00USD... So if you are really in need of a loan, i would advise you to contact Carlos Stev because he has changed the life of me and my family... And i believe he can do thesame for you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete